Rovio Games Code of Conduct
At Rovio, we believe all our players should have the best experience possible - both when playing and also when interacting with other players within our games.
We are really proud to have awesome players participating in communities across our games. To ensure that we always have an enjoyable and fun environment for everyone, this Code of Conduct represents what behavior we do not condone and what we see as misconduct in our games.
This list is comprehensive, but not exhaustive. We reserve the right to deal with misconduct no matter where it appears.
What to report
Here are the general topics you can report directly in-game and should be easy to follow.
- Chat behavior
Of course, the obvious rule of thumb is: Don’t cheat and play fair! It’s that simple.
In more detail
This is not an exhaustive list but serves as a guide when reporting.
- General misconduct in a chat environment; offending other players and purposely spoiling their game experience
- Spamming and advertising
- Encouraging others to break the rules
- Threatening self-harm or harming others
- Homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, ableist, racist language
- Hate Speech
- Phishing for personal contact or account details
- Impersonating a Rovio or affiliated employee
- Naming of guilds or user names to harass an individual or group of people
- Defaming people or groups of people publicly
- Discussing sexual content or violence
- Making false reports
We also take targeting of individual Rovio and affiliated employees very seriously. Actions will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
What can happen?
Accounts found to breach any of the above-listed misconduct will face actions including but not limited to:
- Temporary account suspension
- Permanent account ban
- Revocation of in-game currency obtained through illicit means
- Banning from owned social media pages
The same consequences can apply to false reports.
It is our right to take action against misconduct however we see fit.
How can I report unacceptable behavior in-game?
There are several ways to report misconduct in our games, Some games have a direct report button, whilst in others, you can access support via the Help menu! For game-specific instructions, please check that game’s FAQ page
We will not follow up on or discuss the outcome of those reports with you, but rest assured, this is a great help in making our community a fair play environment and we will be able to take action much faster with your help.
We do appreciate each and every one of your direct messages and are happy to have such an interactive and caring community - let’s keep it fair together!
How do we deal with reports?
There are various ways in which we handle reports. Relevant information on this can be found under game-specific Codes of Conduct and channel-specific Codes of Conduct.